Hi Mom :)
It's crazy to hear about what everyone is doing. It feels like everyone I know is making big changes and adjustments in their lives. It's crazy. I can't believe Chase Noble Randall is a missionary now. He's always been like other little brother that sat on our couch and I had to kick off so I could watch American Idol. Now he will be preaching the gospel. I love it.
Justin Brown and Alexis Valdez. I would have never guessed that in high school for sure. I wonder who else from my high school class has gotten married. It's so strange to think about.
I love that you found the pictures from Sam and Beryl. Did you see the one where my head is squished against Beryl's walker? I thought that one was so funny, I just have this huge smile on my face and my head is smashed against her walker :) They are great.
I'm so excited Shanna is going on a mission. So so excited. I'll miss her being at Utah State when I get home, though. You'll have to send me her address when you find it out :)
This week was so busy. Liverpool is actually insane and so many miracles happened, I'm so grateful.
We had a Zone Conference this week and our Zone Leaders gave an amazing training (did I tell you that Elder Reynolds- one of my favorite district leaders- is now my Zone Leader, he is in that picture you sent with Elder Fawcett...). It was about how we need to give God a sacrifice of broken heart. They pointed out to us that it means we need to choose to break our hearts so Christ can take away the bad bits and replace them with good bits. It was really really good, I really liked the concept of it. I've been reminded this week of the need to sacrifice- it is so important. Very very important. But God doesn't really ask us to sacrifice the good things, only the bad ones that He then replaces with good ones.
We also had a Sisters Meeting which was nice. It was a lot better for me than the last one. Like loads better. We learned from the Assistants about Grace. Grace is so important. I would highly suggest anyone reading this email do a personal study on the grace of Jesus Christ starting from the Bible Dictionary. That would be good.
Will is receiving more answers to his prayers since we taught him how to pray properly. He is really good and things and understands that he will be converting to the Mormon religion. He said he would live the Word of Wisdom which was really good, usually Chinese have some concerns with tea, but he just said it would be mind over matter.
Vincent is so good. He really is able to receive answers to his prayers. His progression has been so amazing since Sister Gong and I came. As he has prayed diligently he has been able to receive answers, I really love it. He came from not knowing like anything about God when the Elders started teaching him, to telling us that he really can't deny that there is a God. I can't believe it.
It just really strengthens my testimony to see these Chinese people progress. They seriously go from having no belief or knowledge about God (some just know Jesus Christ because they have heard it in movies) to receiving direct revelation in their prayers. It is so amazing. God is answering these people- and my job is to help them recognize the answers they are receiving. I love being able to tell them that what they are feeling is the Holy Ghost, it really is amazing. They are so good. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much to serve in Liverpool and to teach these people, and also to hear first hand experiences from my 2 native chinese companions. Their example really helped me know how to help these investigators and how to love them. I really really love the Chinese culture. It is different, but it is good, and it shows me that the gospel really can fit in with any culture :) I love it.
My companions are quite funny, to be honest. It is definitely a different experience being in a trio. There is always something crazy going on, but it is generally good, or at least not bad.
I love you all so much. I want you to be happy. I can't believe Jaden is growing up. Tell him to stop. He still needs to be a little kid when I get home. For that matter, so does Jenika. Only me and Jordan can grow up, and then when we get home then they can grow up. Good idea.
I love you :)
Loves
Sister Hull
PS Thanks for the update about everyone. I think the reason I haven't heard from Katie is because the letter was sent back to me. It said return to sender on it, which was weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment