Monday, July 23, 2012

Being a missionary is totally the best

Dear Mom,
 
I have tried diligently to send you pictures of myself and Sister Gong for like an entire transfer.  The computers here don't all read my card reader all the time.  So I've tried.  I will continue to try, but I might not be able to for a while.
 
Before I forget, some amazing members from Liverpool ward are coming to America for 5 weeks.  Their names are Sam and her mother Beryl.  They'll be visiting a lot of missionaries and things, but they'll be in Cache Valley from 9 Aug- 13 Aug, and they want to meet you and the family :)  I gave Sam your details yesterday so she'll probably contact you sometime in the near future.  It's a blessing to have them in the ward, they make all the missionaries feel like they are at home.  I'll miss them while they are in Utah.
 
That is exciting that you were able to serve food at Zone Conference.  That is exactly what it is like for me, except I'm usually at bit louder and run a bit awkwarder when I see my old friends and companions and things.  I pretty much attack some of them.  It's so weird, though, because except for Sister Beaty all my previous companions are home, and additionally a lot of my Elder friends are home as well.  I'm starting to feel a bit old in the mission, which is weird because I still feel brand new.  But, yes, Zone Conferences are lovely.
 
The newspaper article will run sometime in August.  President will probably get me a copy, I assume.  He'll probably show everyone at Zone Conference- we were able to see a clip of 'The One' show when some of the Elders were on it.  They were famous.  But not too many people read the paper anymore so I probably won't be famous.  Okay, they were actually that noticable, but they were famous amoung us missionaries.
 
Wait.  Were you in charge of the entire parade?  This whole time I thought you were just in charge of the Primary float.  My bad.  That is really cool that you did that, I'm very proud of you :)  That would be stressful, but I'm glad it didn't stress you out too much.
 
There is an Elder here named Elder Christensen and he is brand new and at the concert on Saturday he was looking for a sister from Logan Utah.  I was like, 'I'm from Logan Utah...'  He said, 'Do you know Jessica Christensen?'  and I said, 'Yes, she is my best friend!'  And then he said my Christen name in front of everybody!  I couldn't believe it :)  Luckily it was mostly Sisters and Elder Sutton who were standing around so most of them already knew my Christen name.  Weird.  The world of the church is so small. Another Elder in the last group was like, 'Are you Jordan Hull's sister...'  and I told him that I was.  He went to SV with Jordy.  Isn't that weird?  So strange.  The Elders are Jordan's age.
 
Sister Gong went home yesterday!  Oh my goodness, I was so heartbroken.  So heartbroken.  When she left I like went in the bathroom and bawled.  The other sisters didn't know what to do with me.  I was crying for so long.  We have a lot of plans, I'm going to go to China and she is going to come to America (after my wedding... I told her to not come for my wedding, because I'll be really busy) and we are going to come back to UK and then go to Italy and stay with Elder Perego's family (I don't really know him, but she does, so we'll stay there.)  These plans are good.  I hope they happen.  I'll need to get a good job someday.  Like in 13 years.  I'm on a Sons of Mosiah mission in length.  Anyway.
 
That is cool you met Derek Hough.  I wish you could have met Mark Ballas as well, but at least you got to see him.  He was performing for Pioneer Day... is he a member?  I don't think so.  Hmmm... It's weird, I think I haven't thought about him for months.  My life has changed.
 
Cam Clark is married, right?  I can't remember.
 
My life is so crazy.  I love it soooo much, though.  Being a missionary is totally the best, it isn't just cliche, like it is soooo good.  I'm so grateful that so many people I know are deciding to serve, because I know that they'll love it so much.  And I pray that Jenika will prepare herself to serve if that is the right choice, and that Jaden's excitement will stay strong.  Because a mission has completely changed me.  Sometimes I just realize I have a smile on my face, and I'm not sure why.  I never just smiled naturally before in my life- my natural face looked like I was going to cry, as evidenced by all the YSA men that asked me if I was okay on campus.  But now I'm more inclined to smile, and it feels soooooo good.  Missions are the best.  Even the hardest times are like sacred to me now, because they are the times I learned the most.  I love it.  I love England, I love Liverpool. Ah.  I wish I could take how I feel and transplant it into all of your hearts at home, because it feels so good and I don't know how to describe it.
 
I love being a missionary.
 
Loves,
 
Sister Hull

No comments:

Post a Comment