Monday, July 2, 2012

I Love You

Hello Mom!
Yes.  Sister Smith will be arriving on August 8, I think.  Elder Cai told me that her first name was 'Jasmine' though... IDK.  I know the approximate arrival of all the Chinese sisters- and I can guess where they are going.  She will be coming with one other Mandarin trained sister, and will probably either be trained by me in Liverpool, or serving with my companion of 3 weeks in Liverpool.  How do I know this?  Well, I don't for sure, but the Lord knows.  And He has already started telling President.  And President told me in interviews.  We have 4 Chinese speaking sisters coming in the next 2-3 transfers, and I know I'll be training at least one of them.  This part I don't know, but I have a feeling I might be serving with Chinese speakers for the rest of my mission.  Which I would love.  Because I love Chinese people so much... like so much.  So that is cool.  You can tell Jeff that I will know her soon.
I didn't actually vote... I'm embarrassed.  I know, my first time since becoming 18 that I didn't participate in the political process.  I even vote for silly things.  But I didn't have enough stamps, and by the time the next P-day came and things.... I didn't vote.  Don't tell my future, politically informed, children :)
We had another very busy week.  It was crazy, as always.  Liverpool is really so blessed.  I didn't really believe it when everyone told me, I was like, 'Yeah, yeah, Liverpool...'  but it really is.  Why is it blessed?  I'm not exactly sure, but I think that it is probably because the members are so involved in missionary work.  They bare testimony about missionary work and rebuke those who don't do it, and pray to have their own missionary opportunities, and sometimes feel guilty when they can't help us.  I've never seen anything like it before.  It's really good.
Our investigators are really progressing.  It is such a blessing.  The Elders that whitewashed out left the area is in such a good place and the investigators they were teaching are really sincere and want to learn.  It has been such a blessing to step in and be able to watch the work move forward. I know it is definitely not about me... I understand that more than ever before.  The work is about the people and how the Lord wants to help them progress.
One of our investigators is named Vincent.  He wants to study Law here and is preparing to take the English test.  His mind is so analytical, he reminds me of many people I know back home.  But I see His sincere desire to know if God is there, and because of that sincerity he is receiving really obvious, really specific answers to his prayers.  He is really good and seems to trust me more since he found out that I studied the same course.
The area is so blessed.  I'm so thankful for it.  I know that the gospel is real, and that the church is true.
I love you so much.
Loves,
Sister Hull

No comments:

Post a Comment