Dear Family,
I have to say that I think that Elder Hull is probably one of the best missionaries I've ever met. I miss him sooooo much, to be honest. I can't imagine what it is like in Bolivia. It must be so difficult to be a missionary there. I love how much he is learning. Ugh. He's the best.
I still can't believe about the new age announcement for missionaries. I've told everyone it is going to effect sisters more than Elders. A lot of sisters will go now, I think so. I think there are a lot of Elders who are encouraging their 'best friends' (aka girlfriends) to go on missions. A member last night fed all 6 of us missionaries, which was fun, but he said that all the Elders are going to get home and their would only be older returned sisters, so then they would marry them. I turned to Sister Embley and was like, 'It looks like the Lord is helping us out...' It was funny. But I do like what dad said about it, that it will really help in raising future Zion. I know being on a mission will help me and my future family sooo much. My husband and children should probably thank the Lord every night of their lives that I served a mission :)
Uhhh.... Christmas. I have no idea. One thing I don't need is new clothes. I have collected so many clothes on my mission from other sisters and things that I'm going to have to get rid of most of them over time. Umm... I think it would be good if you just put money into my account and then I could either use it here or elsewhere. As for something to open on Christmas morning... you could send me some crunchy Cheetos. Not the baked ones. Also, you don't have to send any easy mac... I have some still left from last year :) Also lifesaver gummies. But also not too much foodstuff, because sometimes I don't eat it all. I honestly can't think of much more that I would want.
We had a really good week. We had so many miracles. Most of them came in the form of teaching lessons on the spot. It is scary for a missionary (especially a new missionary, like Sister Embley) to ask, 'Do you have some time now?' and teach someone right then. But we have had some really great successes, new investigators and things (one of which seems like he will progress :) His name is Allwell, like 'All is well'). It is always inspiring when the Lord puts one of his prepared children right in your path and you are able to see them change even a little bit during the few minutes you talk to them.
This is the work of SALVATION!
So many people are prepared to hear the gospel. I have testimony of that. We just need to find them, and that comes by diligently searching. I know that members are very key to that as well, to have members find or help teach is so important. That means each of you are very important to this great work. I think Elder Nelson's talk will ring in everyones ears for a while, 'Ask the missionaries! They can help you!' Love it.
We had an experience this week with a man named Barry. He wouldn't let us teach him on the spot, and he wouldn't let us pray for him. He wouldn't let us do much of anything to be honest. He said that he would never change and he would never believe. Sister Embley and I both felt so strongly that we wanted to help him so we just kept talking to him. By the end, he still wouldn't pray, but he changed. He told us that he would go home that night and try to pray. I hope that he did. Those kinds of things mean a lot to a missionary.
I love you.
Loves, Sister Hull
No comments:
Post a Comment