![]() |
| Vincent, Sister Embley, Sister Hull and Van |
First off... I can't believe Van- giving away my secrets about transfers! She told you before I did!? That is so great :) She is seriously one of my best friends in life, I love her so much. It was so nice to have such close friends when I was in Liverpool, I always knew I could rely on them. And seeing their change and progression made me realize more of how I could change. Van is a lot like me, sometimes stubburn and doesn't want to change, but when she realizes that something is good and right she will do it. I miss her and
Vincent loads... but someday in the far off future I'll be able to talk to her on skype so that will be okay :) I have times when I miss them a lot, and it just isn't fun. The other day I saw this boy that looked like a mixture of Vincent and another friend named Owen, and it was great and really sad at the same time. Ugh. My recent converts mean the world to me. Seriously.
This week has been good. Opening a new area is crazy. I thought only the 'greats' did things like this, you know what I mean? When I saw other missionaries going into an area with nothing I just like wanted to give them a standing ovation... okay, maybe not, but still it is pretty crazy. We are blessed that I have at least some knowledge of the area and the members so that is nice. It is really helpful. And here, unlike Liverpool, we will be teaching both Chinese and English-speaking people so that is great. We have a lot of potentials and I really think that we are going to be able to see a lot of success.
FYI. The Zone Leaders are contacting a man right now. They just set an appointment to play basketball with him sometime. One time Sister Embley and I kebab contacted someone. It was great. We were eating a kebab and he just gave us his details pretty much.
The ward here in Preston was really open to me and Sister Embley yesterday. I was really surprised. I wasn't here very long before and they didn't seem extremely open then, but they had very open arms to have us back. They feel blessed to have Sisters and so I think they will really take care of us. It might be a lot easier transition than I thought it would be. I'm grateful to be a missionary at this time, and I know that the Lord will bless and protect His missionaries from everything. I know that it was an inspired call for me to come to the England Manchester mission and I'm so grateful to be serving here at this time.
We have been able to teach a few lessons, most of them on the spot. I thought that on the spot lessons were so secretive and difficult to do when I was a young missionary, and it is difficult, but there are a lot of people that are ready to hear the gospel right then. Hopefully we'll have some success from that.
I love my mission so much. I want to stay for a long time. Forever, maybe. England is much more real to me right now than Utah is. You are real, it is important that I have a family, but England feels like home.
Loves, Sister Hull

No comments:
Post a Comment