Dear Family,
I think that the weeks seem to go faster and faster. I feel like last Monday was forever ago, but at the same time only yesterday. I have a hard time remembering all the things that happen to me in the week to be honest. It is very difficult to remember. Ugh. I'm trying to write in my journal, because I hate my memories being so finite, but I never seem to have time, and when I do I just have to scribble a few lines down. I hope that someday we have a bright recollection of everything, not just our guilt, so I can remember everything that happened to me on my mission, because I know I have already forgotten things :/ So difficult.
We have a rough week. Quite a few investigators dropped us this week. None of them were super progressing, but we seem to have a lot more investigators dropping us than not dropping us. Yeah, that would put us at about negative investigators. Okay, not really, but it is being difficult at this point in time. I'm not sure it if is our lack of faith, or just their agency, but it is really difficult for me to swallow either way. Poor Sister Embley is having to take all the drop phone calls, and I don't want to take the phone from her, because she needs to learn somehow, but it is really difficult for her as well. I wish it was different, but I don't know what else to do, to be honest.
I went on exchange this week to Gaewen with Sister Orr. It was my 3rd time to go to Gaerwen, and my 2nd time to be there with Sister Orr. It was fun. Things seem quite different in their area- they have a car (which I hate... it kills any sense of urgency you had before... bus contacting is the most intimidating but most rewarding thing you can do!) and the people in Wales seem quite friendly, but not as open to talk as the people in Liverpool. To be honest, the people here in Liverpool are so open and so friendly and so willing to set an appointment with you. I really like them. The exchange was nice, I got to go to another districts district meeting, which was weird, but they took a picture of it, so I'll send it to you. It is a picture of me with a district that isn't mine, zone leaders that aren't mine, and a companion that isn't mine. The Assistants are mine, but they are everybodys. We did get to teach a 91 year old man that I contacted last time I was in Gaerwen and who was recontacted by a miracle on the consecrated finding day. That was pretty great :) His name is Richard. He can't remember pretty much anything.
We steam cleaned a members floor. That was great.
Our investigator got super excited about a prophet prophesying of the credit crisis. That was great.
An African member fed us so much food Sister Embley was sick for like a day. It was normal food, she just ate too much. That was great.
I met three Americans. 2 of them were nice. One was a Jew. One was a Yoga Hindu person. One was a feminist. You are right, the feminist was not the nice one. She thinks we should have the Priesthood. That was great.
I ate Portuguese food. It was boiled fish and boiled eggs. That was great.
An investigator dropped us by using similar lines that you would with someone you were breaking up with. That was after he was rebuked by Sam and Beryl. That was great.
When you think about it, even the bad things are great when you are on a mission. I'm so grateful that the Saviour can turn it around and make it that way. I love you. Transfers are next week. I feel a bit of a change coming... Enjoy Conference :) Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment