Hello Everyone!
I love you all... I hope you know that :)
I'm so glad to hear about everything that is going on at home, everyone seems to be doing really good things with their lives. Who knew how much could happen in 6 months! I won't recognize the place when I get home. It does seem a bit like a fairytale land right now. Oh, I love Cache Valley. Everyone who is preparing to leave, embrace the bubble while you still can, because you'll miss it. I'm so thankful for the experiences I'm having here, and for the contrast I see with the things going on at home. I know so many good good people.
I love my mission. I asked Sister Beaty the other day, 'How can something so hard make us so happy?' and it is 100% true. I'm not sure why. There are always problems in the mission. You really become sort of a life blood to the ward, so you know things before anyone else does, and you need to inform the right people, and try to take care of it before it gets out of hand... it's really like being a secret agent :) But then you are dealing with investigators/potentials that have all kinds of problems that you have never seen before or heard before. And your running around like a crazy person, trying to help everyone understand how the Lord can solve their problems, and as you are running, or riding the bus, you are talking to anyone in your path, or knocking on whatever door is closest, and say, 'WE'RE SHARING A MESSAGE!!!' and they tell you no, or go away, or their in a rush, and you are like, 'You're in a rush?! What about me!?' and then you have meetings and trainings where the assistants and zone and district leaders give you more commitments to follow, and you are like pumped because you are so excited to try something new because it is bound to bless someone because they are your leaders and they are inspired. Then you get another phone call from another member wanting to know they answer to another question, so then you have to ring everybody else to find out what you can tell who and what someone needs to know. So you go home for an hour for tea and the food is nasty because you didn't have time to prepare it, but you've wasted all your time preparing it, so you throw a sandwich down, and run back out into the rain to knock on someones door, and they say something completely ridiculous, and you start to laugh. Then you finally get to teach a lesson to someone, and they are able to feel the Holy Spirit and begin to weep, and you are like, 'I'm a 21 year old little girl, why does the Lord trust me so much?' Then you get home and plan for the next day, which takes up until about the time you go to bed, and then you kneel down on your knees, which have constant bruises from all the kneeling and praying you are doing, and you begin to tell Heavenly Father about your day, and you can't help but say, 'Thank you so much for my mission! It is the blessing of my life!' And you are so sincerely grateful, and you love talking to God, and sharing with Him jokes and funny experiences and recieving revelation that blesses you and could bless everyone around you. You hop in bed, and your legs ache and you can't help but think how nice it feels for them to hurt, because that means you've been working hard, and you fall asleep until the alarm goes off the next morning at 6:29 am.
I love my mission so much. I'm not exactly sure why. I know we need to devote our lives to the Lord, and I we are so blessed on our missions because that is seriously all we are doing. We are living day after day in His service and giving of all of our time to Him. Of course He is going to bless us for that. How can He not? The Lord is the ultimate covenant keeper, and so when He says something He is bound by His word. Not only that, He is bound by eternal law- He has to give us the promise blessings when we obey with exactness because otherwise He would cease to be God. And because he is perfect, He will never cease to be God, or to bless us. I love Him so much.
Miracles happen everyday in the mission. I didn't realize it at the beginning of my mission, because I didn't know what miracles looked like. But they do happen. Like yesterday, we were sitting in Relief Society and Bishop Towler motioned for us to come into the hall. There was a woman there trying to meet her friend, who is an investigator, but didn't come. We began to talk with her, and share with her about Jesus Christ, and how we had no idea how she was feeling (she seemed to be having a hard time), but Christ did, and He could help her. She began to cry, and to thank us. She wouldn't set another appointment with us, but we gave her our number, and she knows when and where church is. But the most important part is that she felt the Holy Spirit, and it comforted her in her trials. And that is a miracle to be apart of.
I know that this is the saving gospel. It isn't choose your own adventure when it comes to religion. There is truth, and truth provides us with joy. God Lives. Jesus is the Christ the Saviour and Redeemer of the world. Find joy.
Loves,
Sister Hull
PS Sister Hadley stayed in Stafford, and is now serving with my favorite Phillipino companion :) We are pretty sure that when Sister Suaybaguio leaves next transfer Sister Hadley will train.
I'm glad to hear how all my friends are doing. Thanks for keeping me updated on everyone, it means a lot :)
LOVES SisterJH
No comments:
Post a Comment