Thursday, February 9, 2012

6 months

Oh mom.  Thank you for your email.  I'm so sorry I was so late to respond.  For the past two days I've been like, 'I need to email my mom, she is going to freak out!'  I hope I didn't worry you too much :)
 
The reason it has taken so long to reply and why my life is completely crazy?  I'm training a new missionary.  Seriously.  I've only been out here 6 months and the Lord thinks I should be a trainer.  My life is insane.  Yup.
 
I actually have been feeling it coming for a while.  I asked President last week at interviews and training if I would be training this transfer. He wouldn't answer me.  But I think he already knew.  When he called me on Sunday (trainers and whitewashers find out the day before everyone else) that I would be training I wanted to freak out, but the Lord had prepared me and compensated me so all I could really tell President was, 'yes' and that I knew it was coming.  Wow.
 
Yeah, so my new companion's name is Sister Beaty.  She is from Mesa, AZ and has been out in the field for about 24 hours.  She is really great.  She has such a strong testimony of the gospel, but is so nervous to share it.  It takes me back to the beginning when I knew just about nothing.  I still feel like I don't know much, so I can't believe I'm suppose to be teaching her how to be a missionary.  What a blessing and a responsiblity.  I have had such a strong testimony that the Lord puts us with the right trainers since the beginning of my mission, because I know that Sister Low was supposed to train me.  And it couldn't have been easy for her, because she had just barely finish the stress of training and she was training once again in the same area (which is very unusual.)  But she fulfilled her calling, and is now one of my best friends in life, and I'm so thankful for that.  So there must be some reason I'm suppose to train Sister Beaty.  I hope the Lord helps me magnify my calling.
 
(* PS  Sister Low is probably on an airplane right now!  I can't believe it!  I hated saying goodbye to her, it is going to be an entire year before I see her again!  Sad day.  She told me yesterday that she is planning on coming to see you.  I told her I sent you her details.  Also, Sister Maughan is training this transfer as well!  And she whitewashed into my zone, which is amazing- usually only Elders seem to whitewash and train.  She is hard core!  And Sister Suaybaguio went to Stafford, my birthplace!  So many good things are happening for my companions!)
 
Anyway, crazy things are happening in the EMM.  But I love it.  The Elders whitewashed out of Swinton, so I am also the only remaining missionary left in the area after the transfer.  How crazy.
 
It has been six months, I can't believe it.  I have to admit, when I hit 5 months I started crying because I didn't want to go home.  Just being honest.  I'm so grateful I have another year left to grow on the mission.
 
Josie's farewell talk!?  Whaaaaa?  Soon she is going to have some girl like me leading her around Canada and pretending like she knows things.  But Josie has a really strong testimony, so she'll be fine.
 
Jenny's mission call.  I love it.  I hope she is going to Ecuador.
 
Oh my goodness gracious, skies are spacious.  I can't BELIEVE Brendan is coming home next month.  It seems like he just left.  Actually, that is a lie.  It seems like he left forever ago, but that the past 6 months just started yesterday.  Time on the mission goes by so much faster than time at home.  I love it.  I hope to hear from Brendan a lot more when he gets home and isn't as busy (because one thing is for sure, and that is that mission life is the busiest, craziest time ever, even when it seems like nothing is happening).
 
Jenika and Jaden seem to be having great old times.  A bunch of deacons throwing hatchets sounds like an appropriate way to start off the 10th ward right.  I'm glad they had fun and were safe.  Also Jenika looks great at the dance.  I'm glad Kallie and Penny had so much fun dolling her up.
 
Also, your callings sound great!  I'm so glad they are going so well!
 
I know that the church is true!  The mission is the miracle of my life :)  I love it so much!  I know that my Saviour lives, and through His Atonement I can do all things.  Even learn the boundaries of the Swinton ward, if that is required.  I love Heavenly Father, and I know He is real.  I love Joseph Smith.  I love Thomas Monson.  I love President Preston.  I love my mom, dad, Jordan, Jenika and Jaden.  I love my family and friends, wherever they are in the world.  I know that the church is true.
 
Loves,
 
Sister Hull
 
PS  Mom, you have no reason to worry about me, okay?  There are two women in the ward here in Swinton, Mama Helen and Sister DeCour, and they are taking such good care of us.  When they found out I was training they told me to call them about anything and that everything would be alright.  Sister DeCour said, 'I think your mom would do the same for my daughter.'  Her daughter is serving on Temple Square, and I told her my mom would drive down any second if her daughter needed you.  So no need to worry.  Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment