Monday, February 20, 2012

Another Week. Wow.

Hello!
 
Oh my goodness!  I'm SO excited that you got to talk to Sister Low.  Sister Low is one of my very best friends in life, and I miss her so much.  There was actually an experience that happened last week and I was like, 'I just need to talk to Sister Low!'  That is so exciting that she called you... I'm glad she was complimentary, because I was hard to train, I think :)  You'll have to take some pictures when she comes up and send them to me.  That will be so weird.  I can't believe she is in Utah.  It still gets to me sometimes.  Missions are the weirdest things.
 
I'm also super glad that Jenny got her call!  Although I'm sad that you didn't tell me :(  I can't wait to hear, she better have already written me!
 
I heard last week that Whitney Houston died.  I would like to say 'I can't believe it!' but I can.  Poor thing, she didn't know which way was up at the end there.  I think I own more of her albums than any other artist, if I'm honest.  I wish I could have watched her funeral (I would have watched the whole thing, and you know it, I remember crying at MJs) but I wish more that she is being taught by missionaries on the other side.  I'm sure they have already taught her the Restoration and have made a follow up appointment :)
 
Your primary children sound adorable.  I love them.
 
Dustin and Lesli are having another baby!  I'm so excited.  Imma going to want to hold that baby when I get home.  After holding no babies or cute little children like Lewis, I'm going to want to hold that 4 month old baby really tight.  I'm excited :)  I hope it is a boy, but I will love either one sooooo much.  Tell them congradulations from me!
 
We had an amazing Zone Conference this week!  Oh my goodness, it was so good!  I love Zone Conferences so much, they teach me so much.  I love sitting at the feet of President and listening to him speak.  I feel like I'm his favourite missionary, but I have a feeling that most missionaries in the EMM feel that way :)  I love how some people can do that.  I can't yet.  We had a training by the Assistants from the scripture in Jerimiah which talks about hunter and fishers, and it was so good.  It really changed my urgency level the next day.  I was running around like a crazy person talking to everyone and their dog (sometimes English people listen better if you talk to their dogs first).  It was so good.  I love being urgent, the work just goes by so much faster.  Amazing.
 
On the investigator front we are kind of lacking.  I'm not sure why, but it is hard because I want to Sister Beaty to see miracles!  Perhaps, like myself, the Lord wants her to appreciate the little miracles before seeing the big ones, you know?  After being in Stafford, Finding Central, everything looked like a miracle to me here in Swinton!  Each area has its issues, but there are miracles to be had in each one.  And by the way, I love Stafford!  Not many new missionaries like their first area, but I sure do.  The members there are some of my greatest examples on the mission.
 
We had tea with a family named the Winters.  They are amazing.  Such a good example.  Sister Winters served her mission in Texas and Brother Winters in Leeds.  They both have so many stories and things and said they talk about their missions all the time.  I love it.  I want my husband and I to be like it when we grow up (okay, they are like maybe 30, not that old, but still).  The members in Swinton are amazing.  We have 5 tea appointments this week.  I'm going to get fat.  It's so weird, because before my mission I ate at resturaunts so much (by choice, I admit that- you did cook, mom) so I've had a lot more home cooked meals since I've come here.  I miss Costa Vida a bit, but roasted dinners are nice.  Roasted parsnips are very nice.  Mama Helen told me on a p-day she would teach us to make roasted potatos and parsnips so I can make them for you someday!  Yeah-a.
 
By the way, everyone needs to go and make a profile on mormon.org.  Go do it.  Right now.
 
I love my mission.  I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and that is why I love my mission.  They are amazing.  Life is good when we follow them.  Ah!  I love my mission!  I know that the church is true!
 
I love you all. 
 
Sister Jasmine Hull

PS  If you want to know what missions are actually like, you need to read Elder Sam Bennion's letters.  He is so descriptive.  I think I could describe like that in person, but on a computer it is hard for me.  Love it.  I miss all of them, by the way.  Yup.  JH.

No comments:

Post a Comment