Mom,
Thanks for getting in contact with everyone. Anyway, just an update, I have been a bit ill again this week, but I’m trying to follow the spirit on how much I should work, and how hard I should push it. And, a bit upsettingly, I’m not supposed to push it too hard. I like to work hard, but I guess now is not the time. I need to prepare to be able to train this new missionary, I can’t be dying while doing it, so I need to take care of my body. Yeah.
Guess what!!!??? Sister GONG Jietong is GETTING MARRIED!!!!! Oh my goodness, I am so excited about it. Actually, when I found out I started crying because I was so happy she was getting married, and so sad that it might now be even longer before I see her again, and I can’t go to her sealing in Hong Kong because she is getting married in March! Oh my goodness... it is such good news. She was so afraid she would be forced to marry a non-member by her parents and then she would go less active. We talked about it all the time, and I prayed about it, and I told President to tell her off about it- but anyway... she is getting married to a returned missionary! It is so great. A Chinese member in Liverpool called Sister Embley so she could contact me and let me know. I’m really excited about it, it really came just at the time I needed it to come. We are hoping Sister Shen will be next to find someone in Seattle. That was so fast for Sister Gong. Blarg!!! I’m so excited. She’ll probably have a Chinese baby by the time I see her. Sister Gong is one of my favourite companions on my mission. I know you shouldn’t really have favourites, but I do have about 3 and she is one of them. I’m so excited for herJ
I get to go on exchange to Liverpool with Sister Embley this week!!! I am so massively excited about that. Our Zone Leader was a bit cheeky about it when he called and said we would be going to Liverpool... he knew how excited I was about it J It will be so good, I am so blessed. I am really really blessed to be able to go on exchange with both of my trainees, it is such a blessing. That is another reason I’m trying to conserve my energy- Liverpool is tiring! It was supposed to end with William being baptised, but apparently his date has changed for like the 7th time. Hopefully he gets baptised eventually.
I got a phone call off of Elder Herrin this week as well (President told him to ring) and Allwell is dated for baptism on the 16th of February. It is such a blessing in Elder Herrin’s mission. He is in my group, so this will probably be his last real progressing investigator, and Allwell is so African, and E. Herrin so much loves African’s. I feel like it is such a blessing that Heavenly Father used Sister Embley as a tool to find someone that would be such a blessing to E. Herrin at the end of his mission. I’ve realised that is what missionary work is about, not about how much we do as an individual, but how the Lord puts us all together and blesses each of our lives.
The ward is lovely. The Crewe Ward loves us so much. Bishop was giving a talk about missionary work yesterday and before almost everything he said he was like, ‘I was talking to the Sister missionaries about this the other day...’ We were also mentioned by a 9 year old in her talk. They just love us and want to take care of us and think of us even when we are not there. I so wish I had more time to spend getting to know Crewe Ward, but I am so blessed for the time I have.
This week has become progressively brighter. That happens through the doctrine of hope and repentance. I love the Lord.
Loves, Sister Hull
No comments:
Post a Comment