OH MY GOODNESS!!! Elder Cai emailed you and is coming to see me speak!!! I’m like so excited, I did jiggy around the library. I seriously did. Just ask Sister Hanson. I honestly did. Elder Cai is the best- he was my leader (besides assistant) longer than any other Elder in this mission. Great. I’m really excited he emailed you. Good good. He’s the best. And a little scaryJ As for the list of others... I think you already have Elder Fawcett’s email address, I gave to you. Then you have already told Sister Low... could you see if you could contact Sister Maughan (blarg! She is Sister White now!) as well? I think all of my other companions who have already gone home are Asian... ACTUALLY! I totally forgot! Someone told me that Sister Shen is in Seattle for 6 months!!! CAN WE GO SEE HER.... PLEASE!!!??? I’ll send you her email address sometime so you can try to see if she is really there. Then of course invite Elder Ashcraft... I’ll probably write to him and see if he can pass on the message to some of the Elders in his group... because I don’t know how to contact them- Some of them are Elders Palmer, Elison, Eggers and Smart... not sure how you would find them- actually Elder Cai or Elder Fawcett would probably have communication with Elder Eggers- actually, actually, Sam and Mama Helen have communication with all of them, I’m pretty sure, haha. Then Elder Herrin and Elder Woodworth have already told me that they will come as well, I have E. Woodworth’s email or facebook or something, I can pass it on to you, and I can get E. Herrin’s before he leaves. Hmm... This is not a trunky email, I promise. I just like these people a whole lot.
I didn’t actually buy a coat... I had to buy my 3rd pair of boots. I didn’t have cash on Monday, so I had to pull some money out of the atm. It really frustrated me, actually, because I bought a rather inexpensive pair thinking it would last for a while and I wouldn’t have to buy anymore, but that didn’t happen. Blarg.
I haven’t been feeling to well recently, still. It is like all the fatigue of the past 17 ½ months has finally caught up to me. On Tuesday I wasn’t feeling well so I rang President to stay in, and I slept most of the day, and then still slept through that night. My body is just exhausted, like literally it is worn out. But I got a blessing off the Bishop last Monday and it told me to rest when I need to, so I’m trying to take care of myself and make sure that happens.
We had a miracle! Last Sunday a less active named Amelia showed up to church with her 3 daughters. She said that she has been thinking about coming back to church for a long time, and that she finally decided to when her husband went back into rehab. We went and taught her and she told us that her girls absolutely loved church, and asked every day when they could go back, and they were praying daily as a family. It is absolutely amazing! 2 of her daughters are of baptismal age, and we asked if she would like them baptised and she said yes! So we will be starting to teach them tomorrow, and hopefully we can date them for baptism in late February or early March J That was like a blessing just falling into our lap.
Sometimes we just meet inspirational people that aren’t members of the church, but still really can bless others lives. We met one girl and her boyfriend while waiting for the train. She has been told in the last few months that she has a terminal illness and it will kill her in the next few years. She has accepted it really gracefully and said that now she really just has the choice of how to make the best in her life. She told us that a lot of people would stop believing in God because of it, but she figures that God gives us things for a reason, and there must be something good she can make do with it. I was really inspired by her because she was teaching us the gospel by beliefs and answers that she had received herself from God. Wow.
I love you. The mission is good. It is so hard, but so good.
Loves, Sister Hull
No comments:
Post a Comment