Monday, December 3, 2012

It's a Wonderful Time to be a Missionary in EMM

Dear Family,
 
I have to say that, first off, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Marvin's Party this year.  At least the pictures I saw of it.  I have to say, I was a bit jealous of Jenika and Kallie getting to dress up like Disney Princesses.  So cute.  And Jenika getting her guy friends to dress up like the Princes, that is amazing.  I have really good friends, but I'm not sure I could have convinced any of them to do that.  Maybe like 1.45 of them I could have convinced.
 
I showed Sister Loh the picture, and she said she wants to be a Disney Princess next time it happens.  I told her she would probably have to be Mulan.  We have already figured out how she can cut her hair off with a sword :)
 
Congrats to Kallie and receiving her mission call :)  She,  Jordan and Dad can speak to each other when they get home.
 
We had another huge success with a LA named Laura.  We stopped by her on the ward's Reach Out Night with the WML.  She talked to us for a minute and invited us back.  We didn't make our return appointment because it was Sister Embley's last day and just got crazy.  The WML kept asking us about her, and we planned to return.  Finally one night he texted us at like midnight (luckily it didn't wake us) saying he felt really prompted that we needed to go and visit Laura.  We went as soon as we had open time, and she was there and let us in and we got acquainted with her and taught her on the spot.  She said she had been wanting to come back to church for a while and felt like it was the right thing to do (she hadn't been to church for like 15 years, by the way) and had even talked to her father about it.  But she had just never done it.  We scheduled a return appointment and took the WML with us.  He was so excited and basically taught the lesson himself and invited her to church.  She said yes, and he picked her up on Sunday morning and her and her young son came to church.  Everyone at church was so excited!  They couldn't believe it and were all greeting her, and were so happy that she was there.  Someone asked, 'Why did you come today?!'  She said, 'These two, Sister Loh, Sister Hull.... oh, and Brother Hesketh.'  (Brother Hesketh is the WML).  She wants to keep coming and says that she feels strong enough to face the obstacles ahead of her this time.  What a blessing.
 
 
Currently the EMM has a capacity of 140 young missionaries, 20 of which are sisters.

Because of the new announcement the capacity has been expanded to 212 missionaries, 64 of which will be sisters (and 2 of which will be Chinese Speaking). 
 
I think that means the ratio of Elders to Sisters will be changing from 7:1 to 4:1 or more.  That is so exciting.  It is a wonderful time to be a missionary in the England Manchester Mission!
 
I love it here. 
 
Loves, Sister Hull
 
PS  As far as we know Josh has been trying to live the word of wisdom.  He went out and bought a herbal tea and has been drinking hot chocolate and had about 1/2 of the cigarettes he usually has the first day!  It is good news:)


No comments:

Post a Comment