Monday, December 10, 2012

Guess what!!??

Guess what!!??

Van is coming to visit me today :)  She is coming all the way from Liverpool to see me.  I's so excited.  (Not sure if I's is slang...).  Yea!  I'm happy about it.  To be honest, she'll probably just have to help with our grocery shopping and our preparations for the Chinese Activity (we have to buy extra white elephant gifts and wrap them for the Chinese people who forget.)  But it will be fun to see her.  I'll only get to see her one other time before she goes home to China so that will be good.  Her family is coming to pick her up, but she said that I can't meet them until I go to China.  Probably because she hasn't told them she is a Christian yet.  She is afraid they will freak out.

In other news... mom said I should just tell everyone.  Blarg.  I want it to be a secret, but I guess it is important for you to know.  I'm extending my mission.  There are loads of reasons why, but I guess the main reason is because I prayed to the Lord, and it is what feels most right.  So my estimated departure date is 16 March instead of 14 February.  I feel really blessed to be able to have this opportunity. I don't know what you are all going to say... but I'm sure I'll get a response.  It isn't because I don't want to see everybody- I do.  Sometimes it hurts how much I want to see all of you, I've been more homesick in the last transfer or so than I was for months before.  But I know it is the right thing I need to do, and I need to help with my small part to prepare the mission for the new missionaries that will be coming.  I'm not sure what I will be asked to do, but I know that they will probably be difficult.  So I'm nervous but ready for the challenge.

Please know that I love you all, and I am excited to see you again.  The extra time will go by so fast and I'll be home before you know it.

If the worlds lasts that long ;)  Isn't it supposed to end on 12/12/12 ?  I was going to quote a song lyric.  There aren't many songs that talk about the end of the world being in 2012, so you might be able to guess it.  Anyway, I'm not too worried about it, because I always said that God wouldn't end the world before I could come home again.  I have soooo much stuff to do before the 2nd coming, I'm sure you all do as well.  No worries.

This week has been slightly slower than most.  Sister Loh gets ill quite often so we have had to spend several hours inside this week.  There was one day that I ended up calling Sister Preston like 7 times or something (between her and I... I should probably be going to a chiropractor this week, fyi.  I decided that if I'm staying I need to make sure I don't 'kill myself' as Sister Embley always said.)  Yeah.  Then Sister  Preston started coughing because I made her laugh... so then I made her laugh again and she was like, 'Stop making me laugh, Sister Hull!'  Yeah.  So the work has been slow, but Sister Loh and I have been laughing quite a bit.  She is a good companion.  I have been so blessed on my mission with all of my companions, to be honest.  I know that some missionaries have only a few companions that they get a long with... I have only a few that I didn't.  And those companions are now my friends since we aren't living together anymore :)  It is great.

Well.  Merry Christmas season.  'All I want for Christmas is.... you.'  Haha.  Mariah Carey humor.  I'm not sure if I'm supposed to quote Babylon Christmas music... but I do try to sing 'Joy to the World' like her instead of that song this year :)  Yeah.  I sing like Mariah while I'm walking down the street.  And Celine ('O Holy Night').  My voice may have gotten better since coming on my mission.  And it may have gotten a whole lot worse.  We also sing about how our Zone Leader's favourite ice cream is bubble gum with gummi bear mix in.
Sick.

Well.  I'll speak to you soon.  I'm excited to hear everyone's reaction :)

Love you.

Loves,  Sister Jasmine Hull

No comments:

Post a Comment