| This is Josh. He is so cool. Like literally. Sometimes I wondered why he was meeting with us. Because, to be honest, most people like him don't meet with the missionaries. God prepared him. |
| Sister Loh made this sign that people could write their Christmas wish on as a finding tool. It worked really well, but it got soaked |
Wow.
I feel completely honored to be quoted in Sacrament Meeting by my friend Jordan Devenport. Honestly, I can't believe it. But I'm so grateful to have someone who respects me enough to quote that. Wow.
Yeah, I didn't particularly want to tell everyone that I was extending :p I didn't know what the reaction would be, you know? No one in the mission really knows except for Sister Loh and Sister Embley. I don't
know how to break it to them... or if I'm even supposed to. And it is really awkward with my friend Elder Herrin, because we are supposed to be in the same group and he jokes and talks about it and I'm like,
'yeah... haha.' But it is such a blessing to be able to stay. One thing I have been encouraged by President to do is to *not* talk about going home, even with people at home. Of course we need to sort out necessary details, but not really just talking about it. Okay? Great :)
This week has been a bit stressful. Every week is stressful for me in Preston. But whereas Liverpool was physical stress from the demands of missionary, Preston is emotional stress. And, uh, you all know how
well I deal with emotional stress- sometimes I chop my hair off! So, uh, my pixie cut will be so nice for you to see on Christmas! Yay! Haha, just kidding, I didn't cut my hair, I don't think I would ever do that again. Actually! This is so great! Sister Loh is the first person I have met who has *also* cut her hair because she was stressed! Yay! She seriously did... but not as short as mine :)
I went to a chiropractor this week. I really didn't want to, I'd been avoiding it like my whole mission. But Heavenly Father told me that I needed to go, and so I called Sister Preston and she sorted it out and things. My chiropractor is named Michael and he is actually Irish. But that isn't really that important. But I thought you would like to know, mum, because I know that you are worried.
In your email you talk about my birthday... but I think you must actually be talking about Jordan's birthday because it was this week... but it was meshed with some stuff that was particularly about me. So if you celebrated my birthday at grandma's house that is great! But also kind of weird :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELDER JORDAN HULL!!! I'm so grateful he was born. It was so lonely being the only child... but I got all the attention. I still get loads of attention, so that is okay.
This week was a bit slow. I was sick again on Wednesday, and we all know how well I deal with being sick- I HATE it!!! I have actually been ill a substantial part of my mission (when Van saw me she was like, 'Sister Hull, you're sick again!?' and I was like, 'Van, I'm always sick, remember when Sister Gong and I couldn't put together coherent sentences...?' 'Oh... yeah...'). So I hate being sick, but usually I can push through it. But when Heavenly Father tells me to stay in, I have to stay in. The difficult part is that Sister Loh can quite often get ill as well, it is like a reoccurring thing, so sometimes we don't have as much time as we should. So that bites :( But, I'm feeling a lot better, although I have a cold still. Yeah. My back and stomach hurts often, though. Sometimes I think my back and stomach are connected, which is weird. Dr Fischer had a sign that said everything was connected to your back. Hmm... Maybe.
VAN CAME TO VISIT ME LAST WEEK! Van is the best. We mostly made her go shopping with us and wrap presents, but she had a nice time. Oh my goodness, I miss/ed her so much. She is wonderful. I can't believe how much she has changed. It seriously scared me to teach her at the beginning because she was quite resistant- now she has like one of the strongest testimonies of my recent converts. She told me she will come and visit me in America because she thinks she will have enough money to come to America before I have enough money to go to China. Which is probably true. When she goes home she will be professional-she has her masters now :) I told her when I got to China I'm just buying the airplane ticket because I'll stay at her house and eat all her food. She say okay. I'll get to see her at the Chinese activity this week, she is coming up from London to go to it- but she isn't telling her family where she is going. Her family doesn't actually know that she is Christian yet... she was going to take them to the church and have them look around and be like, 'do you like this church? I'm a member of it!' I'm kind of glad that idea didn't work out. So funny.
Van actually wears a bracelet with a cross to symbolise that she is a Christian. It really bothered Sister Embley (graven images and things) but I kind of like it because she finally realises that she is a Christian. I don't know if that is apostate, but I refuse to tell her she can't wear it.
We had a Christmas party at church this week. Both Josh and Laura came! I was quite excited about that :) Josh went home to the Isle of Guernsey the day after the party, so I probably won't see him again
because the likelihood of me being transferred (especially after talking to President) is quite large. So I told him that and we had to say goodbye. Blarg. It doesn't get much easier. But it will be a lot easier to communicate with him, because I'm pretty sure that facebook is allowed on the channel islands- unlike China. Hopefully I can go to his baptism :) Hopefully he has a powerful spiritual experience while on holiday.
Laura gave us this little Christmas tree because she couldn't bear to think that we didn't have one. You know, we aren't working with loads of people right now, but the people we are working with are really
quality. They are good friends of mine- and the first time I've really made British friends on my mission that aren't active member. Wonderful:)
I could write more, but the computers are being rubbish, so I probably need to let Sister Loh use this one :)
Love you, Bye!
Sister Hull
In his recent talk Elder Ballard talks about assimilating the gospel into our lives! I love how he says it, look it up. Resistance is Futile! Loves!
No comments:
Post a Comment