Hi Momma,
It's really okay that I was sick. I told Sister Embley when I was sick at home my family just made me go sit in my room by myself anyway ;) I just needed to take some time off, which is really difficult to do as a missionary. I don't think I ever told you, but I was actually sick for something like 3 months when I was training Sister Beaty, but I never wanted to take a day off, so I never got better. So it is good that Sister Embley pressured me into doing, I guess so.
I would love a SuperDry coat :) After I emailed you I remembered that it might be a good idea, but I didn't want to ask for it. But I think it would be a great idea. They are all the rage here in UK, and you know me, I love to follow the fads. But I think it will be good for me when I get home as well, because if I remember right I was wearing my Columbia coat from 5th grade when I was at uni :) That was great. Except I'm never coming home- but if I ever did that would be good.
That is so strange that Brianne (Cannon) is going to University! She just seems too little, isn't it? I always joked with Brendan that when he go home he and Bri could go to uni together. So strange. And a mission! Missions are so lovely. I was thinking about it yesterday, and Jenika could go on a mission in like a year and a half, isn't it? So she could go like 8 months after Jordan gets home... which would be WONDERFUL!! Good idea. I mean, I'd miss her like crazy, and it is a lot harder to be the one at home, but I think Jenika should go on a mission. Good idea. I'll plan her life out. And when she gets home from her mission there are several potentials I have for her to date. That means that there is like no way for her and Jaden to be on the mission at the same time, isn't it? I'm not sure. But, yeah, it is up to her and the Lord, but I would say that she should go on her mission before going to Uni. a) it is difficult to start and stop your studies b) a mission helps you to know how to effectively study and c) a mission prepares for your whole life. It is more educational in real world application that university ever will be. Good.
I say, 'isn't it?' all the time now. It isn't a UK think, it is a Chinese speaker thing. Sister Embley says sometimes, 'I'm pretty much serving with a Chinese person.' My English has progressively decreased... but I kind of love it.
Okay. Vent time. I had some missionaries tell me this week that they didn't love British people! I was shocked. One of them is going home this transfer. They said they love to teach everyone else here (because it is quite international) but they don't love the British people. ARE YOU SERIOUS???? I couldn't believe it. I was like, 'I really love the culture here.' And they asked me what I loved about the culture. Okay, I love the food. And I love the rain. And I love talking to people on the bus. And I love their dry dry humor. And I love that they are always thankful for their jobs. And I love that they love my accent. I love the way they speak, not their accent as much as their phrasing and the different expressions they have. I love how much they love their families, and their children. Even if they have a family that others might term 'dsyfunctional' they still love them. I love their view on life, even if it is negative. British people are the best and I love them very very much. I mean, I love Chinese people, so much. I love African people so much. But that doesn't mean I don't like British people. That is like saying I love Prisca and Vincent and Van but not Mama Helen. That is absurd. I love Britain, and I love their people, and I would move here if it didn't cost loads and mom would miss me too much! I told President about this situation and he told me that he was grateful the missionaries who baptised his parents didn't feel that way! He also encouraged me and Sister Embley to show by example how to love the British people. They may be standoffish at times, but they are easy to love. With the Saviour as an example everyone should love their mission and everyone should love the people they serve. If a missionary comes home from serving 2 years in a 'strange' land and doesn't come home loving the culture where they served I would be very disappointed in that missionary. I love the British people. At times I feel like they are more my people than anyone else, even a lot of Americans. It is a blessing to love the people where you serve.
By the way, I was interviewed for a newspaper again this week. Appearently this one has a much larger circulation, something like 4 million people. That is crazy. It is a newspaper called the Daily Mail and it should have run yesterday. They wanted to take pictures of us proselyting, and we had the opportunity to find some boys that sat down with us on the obelisk where the very first missionaries came to UK to preach, and to have a discussion with them. Pretty neat. I hope that picture made it in just because it is so historic. Anyway, look me up :)
They said missionaries might get interviewed a lot more if Mitt Romney wins. Ugh. I want to watch the election sooooo bad. I have no idea what is happening with the polls and things, but it is killing me not to be able to watch it! Last election night was soooo fun at Zachary Keith Larson's house. Josh was funny and Jake was funny and Zach was funny, and Jordan Hull and Brendan and I were sad, and Katie was super happy. Good times. I think Lukey voted for Obama. Anyway, I did vote, which was good. I wrote dad's name in for something, as per usual :) I hope it is well.
We briefly stopped an old man named Michael on the street last night. He was an Irish Catholic who was slowly walking home from the pub. When we stopped him he told us that we were 'lovely lasses' and that he had actually just been thinking about Jesus. We believed him, and talked to him for a few minutes, although he wasn't interested to listen about the restored gospel. I offered him a pass along card- the one with Jesus Christ rising from the tomb- and he started to cry. He said something like, 'that is our Lord- that is our Lord.' He was crying and looking at the picture of Jesus. He told us how wonderful we were and that he believed it was a miracle that we met that night. He kept tearing up and telling us that he would put that picture along side three others he had of Jesus Christ. It is amazing. We didn't convert him to the restored gospel, we didn't set an appointment or anything, but he believed that in meeting us and us giving him a passalong card it was a miracle. That is one thing I love about being a missionary, we put ourselves in a position for miracles to happen. And Heavenly Father blesses us with those times.
Missionary work is very good. It is very tiring, but very good. I love it.
I love you.
Loves, Sister Hull
PS Remember remember the 5th of November, gun powder, treason and plot. I can think of no reason the gunpowder treason can ever be forgot.
Did I ever tell you the reason Vincent decided to be called Vincent is because he loves the movie 'V for Vendetta'? He has a bobble head of the Guy. So great. I never seen it because it is rated 'R' but I bet my friends will be watching an edited version tonight. Maybe Vincent will watch it as well. I don't know :)
Speaking of Vincent. Did you every get my package? It had a present that Vincent gave to me that was very very special, so I would like to know that it make it home. Could you be sure to tell me, it has been bothering me a bit.
Also. Have you heard anything about Katie? I know nothing about her mission!
No comments:
Post a Comment