Monday, November 12, 2012

'Fast, Find, Feast"

Mom,

I'm really glad that you got the package.  There was a gift from Vincent in it that was seriously a tender mercy from the Lord.  Like, honestly, it was one of the biggest miracles of my entire mission or my entire life.  I'll tell you about it someday.

I did get the tights and the cd, thank you so much.  Wool tights are a must have for a Sister missionary serving in the best mission in the world (clarification... that is the EMM... best. mission. ever.  Not
in a prideful way ;) ).  Yes, I got it.  Thank you so much :)

Guy Fawkes day was good.  We just stayed inside and started filling out Christmas cards... crazy.  We did see a bonfire the night before, so that was exciting :)

Tell Van to send it to the Knutsford address.  People who live in the mission boundaries aren't supposed to write to the flat address, but Sister Embley didn't know that so she put the wrong one on it when she wrote to Van.  I'll probably be moving next week anyway, so that will be best.

They do have something for the boys here, it is faith in God.  They have faith in God nights, I think it might be combined with the girls, though.  I'm not sure.  Some boys are part of secular scout groups or other churches scout groups as well.  But the church doesn't sponsor anything like that itself.

People here have been crazy about the election.  Some people have said, 'sorry your guy didn't win...' and some have been really rude like yelling that they were glad that Romney didn't win.  It is kind of frustrating, because political affliation and religion aren't synonymous, you know what I mean.  I could have just as easily voted for Obama as Romney, they have no idea.  I personally thought that Obama would probably win again, which is fine.  I mean, thinking about it, last time he won it didn't have that big of an effect on my life as an individual.  I'm sure I paid more taxes and I can be on your health insurance longer but other than that it is kind of like I can't change it myself.  The most disappointing thing is that they aren't going to run the article they interviewed us for because Romney lost.  Too bad :(

It has been a weird week.

I got three letters on Tuesday from Brendan, Chelsey and Andrea.  It made me remember... I have friends at home.  Like, to be honest, (and I hope none of them will take this rudely) I had kind of forgot.  There is just too much that you can be homesick about when you are on a mission so I kind of shut them out of my mind, which is weird and I never would have guessed that I would do.  I kind of convinced myself that they would be moved on and that I would have to get new friends when I got home, and I believed myself when I told myself that.  But they reminded me that I do still have friends at home, and that home isn't that bad but there are good things to do there as well.  I always believed before my mission that our friends were special and different and that no one could touch that.  But you see so many people and their friendships aren't special or different so you figure you must be the same.  But when I read a bit of each of their letters aloud to Sister Embley, she was like, 'Stop reading that to me, you are making me feel bad...'  because her friends aren't the same as mine.  We are just like so close, and it is different...  Anyway, shout out to them...  I'll be excited to see them again someday.

To be honest.  I've been thinking all week how much I would just like to sit in Brendan's basement with him, listen to 'Muse' and eat muddie buddies.  I know that is a possiblity.  Good.

I also got the last of the easy mac from Kallen, which was wonderful.  I think I ate it all this week and it was nice.  I love the UK so much, but I feel like Heavenly Father is reminding me that I have a home and there are nice things at home besides just my family (because I've been telling everyone here that I would rather not go home, but just have my family move here).  There are good things and so it will be okay to go home to that.  I don't think this is me getting trunky (at least I hope not), but just more realising that it will be okay when that time comes.  I do have a game plan when I get home, it may or may not include me coming and spending a day (or days) at each of my grandparents and uncle and aunts homes just chatting and talking and eating their food, and then after that attaching myself at the hip to each of my friends for a day.  That might be kind of awkward.  It probably would look super awkward to be literally attached at the hip to someone.  Imagine me attached at the hip to Josh DeFriez... it's funny, isn't it?  I might start laughing at my computer screen.

I had to read the last part of that paragraph out loud to Sister Embley because I thought it was so funny.  She didn't really laugh.

BTW.  I don't know if any RMs from the EMM read this BLOG but I have to let you know that we no longer keep track of QGCs.  Okay, code.  Probably none of them read it, which makes it even funnier.

We have a really good new investigator named Nobuyoshi.  He is from Taiwan but is from Japanese descent (and is quite prideful about that, to be honest).  But he is great and really willing to learn.  I like him.  We street contacted him in City Centre and he came to church yesterday and is coming to Investigator FHE tonight.  We are going to teach everyone the 10 Commandments with the hand signs and then play the game Signs afterward.  Appearently the games Signs is all the rage at BYU.  But not the 10 commandments part of the game.  At Utah State we like the commandments, so if we played Signs we would probably play the 10 Commandments version.  Okay.  I don't think I ever played Signs while I was in University and I feel quite well adjusted.  Yeah.  Nobuyoshi is great.

We went to District Leader Council (of which Elder Hull will now frequent).  I think I've been to like 4 DLC now and they are quite fun.  I always look forward to them, to council with my peers.  District Leaders are so funny, to be honest.  Some of them take themselves very seriously, and that is great because it is funny.
Yeah.  Our Zone Leaders are pretty good this transfer as well.  I don't think I've ever had bad Zone Leaders to be honest... well...there was that one time.  Haha, just kidding.

All the missionaries in Preston ward + Brother Cleaver went to a Chinese Buffet today for lunch.  It was great.  We've been before, but it is still good.  We have a special 'Fast, Find, Feast' in this mission and so that was our feast.  Brother Cleaver, who use to be a J Dub and sometimes falls asleep during lessons, teaches with the missionaries like everyday.  So I guess he went finding with some of the Elders and so he came with us today.  It was good.  I met a man here in Preston who had a picture of a cleaver tatted on his face.  I set an appointment with him, but we never taught him.  Hmmm....

Yeah, I've been having a weird week, like none of it is mentioned here, but prayers would be lovely.  I'm sure you are all praying for me, but I would love some extra support at the current moment.  Thank
you.

Loves.

Sister Hull

No comments:

Post a Comment