![]() |
| England Manchester Zone |
I love you! You are all amazing. If you are reading this, you're amazing, and your Heavenly Father loves you. And I love you as well. Don't forget that.
It was great to talk to you (mom, dad, Jenika and Jaden) yesterday. You are so great. I'm so grateful for you. I only wish that I could have talked to Jordy as well. I love him so much. He really is my
best friend, and the best missionary in the WORLD. But seriously, he is such a great missionary, I can tell. Jordan sent me a letter for my birthday and I just got it this week, and it was amazing. He is so
great, and he loves people. He is pure in heart. He has always been pure in heart, though. Pure in Heart is like the biggest compliment you can receive from an EMM missionary... and he really is pure in
heart. Anyway... I wanted to say all that because I didn't get to talk to him yesterday, and I know that you did, and that isn't fair :) I hope he is well.
I am well. I have received a few letters that expressed worry about me. But I AM WELL. Missions, like life, go through ups and downs and we all know the emotional rollar coaster I put myself on- its like
that one at DisneyLand that only I liked and made everyone else sick... I just go around and around and around :) But really, I'm doing very well, no worries.
What did I do this week? What didn't I do this week? Sister Shen has us going here, there and everywhere, I can barely remember what was going on because there has been so much going on. I do remember we had our mission Sports Day last Wednesday... before you laugh, I played football (soccer) with the Elders for like 2-3 hours. I know, right? Elder Hengst challenged me, I am hard core so I can't give up on a challenge... and so I played. In the rain and mud. Yup. I even kicked the ball... and Elder Reynolds shins. It was great, but I was so sore afterward. I haven't exercised for that long since I was like
5... if that. It was great. I love Sports Day, running around really does clear your head (I am most likely not going to start running... I can only do it if it makes me look hard core... like all those times in Youth (mutual) where I like got on any tube when we were boating for shut down the young men at water basketball... yeah).
We teach a lot of lessons here in Preston (comparatively). Most of our investigators, however, are going home to China for summer break, or indefinitely. It kind of bites. Chinese people seem to be mostly
sincere, but their progression takes a while. You have to help them not just understand that the church has been restored through a prophet, but you have to help them that God and Jesus Christ are real. So a lot of our investigators could progress if given more time, but they are going home. Some of them will come back next year, and one that wants to be baptised lives near Hong Kong so he can get in contact with missionaries there... but the sad thing is for most of them we can't refer them to missionaries, because there are no missionaries. But the Lord will provide a way for them. They are so great, and they love me because I'm from America (actually a lot of Chinese people have heard of Utah... which not a lot of other people have unless it is about Mormons. But Chinese know Utah because of the Jazz. One apologized to me because he was a Lakers fan... Kobe :p).
Our dated investigator, Tong, is so great. She is really excited about everything and is so willing to take an active role in her conversion. She is willing to meet with us often and go to things like Relief Society and Institute. It is really great. We have a Chinese recent convert named Wei-Di, and I just love hanging out with them (and of course Sister Shen). It's weird, but it is really nice to have friends my own age, if that makes sense. Even though we are culturally very different, it's nice to have the same type concerns
and things. I love it.
The Ward Mission Leader and the Bishop's families made dinner for all of the missionaries in Preston (there are 3 companionships, Elders, Sisters and a Couple). It was great, it was like this grill thing that you cook your own food on... I can't remember exactly what they called it...a briclette or something. It was great, and the ward leaders really want to get more involved with the missionaries and really want the missionaries to become more apart of the Preston ward, which will be really beneficial for all involved. It think it is going to take a lot of work to unite with the members, but it is work I have had to do before, so I have faith that God will give me the ability... I hope :D
I know that the church is true. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He loves us and wants each of us to come unto Him. We can find the most joy in applying His grace into our lives.
Loves,
Sister Hull
PS I got the letter with Jake and Emily's wedding announcement in it. I love it so much. I love so much that they are in love. I wish I could have gone to the wedding. Did you go to the reception, mom? If anyone did, or can fb stalk pictures and print them off fb, I would love to see pictures. That's not creepy :)

No comments:
Post a Comment