Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hello everyone!
 
I'm glad to hear everything is going well and everyone is so busy. I'm glad to hear that Lesli is fine... when is the baby due?  Sometimes I forget I'm going to have another cousin, and then I remember and it is like I'm hearing the news for the first time and it is so exciting.  I don't remember if I got the letter from Andrea about her going to China... I feel like I knew that months ago- like before Josh even got home?  But I haven't got the package that she wrote about, and I think she said a letter was in there.  I'm glad you saw so many of my friends at buyback.  That is great.  I hope they are all doing well, and having happy lives.  I love to be updated (hint hint) about what is going on.  I'm glad to hear the family is well and I love that you seem to see both of our grandparents so often.  That is healthy, and I'm grateful I am so close to my grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins.  Extended family is so important.
 
I've realized I've forgotten so many birthdays.  I'm sorry.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  I love you if it is your birthday, and I'm glad you exist.
 
Everything is beautiful here in Swinton.  I'm learning Chinese... okay, not really, but I can pick a few things out that I learned in my Pre Mission Existance.  We have a dated investigator named Tong and she is really great and progressing really well.  She has been Christian for a while and so their is no parental opposition, which is the biggest concern for Chinese investigators.  We did have to move her date back to the 26th because she is in Uni and so she hasn't been able to meet with us consistantly, but her exams finish on Thursday so it will be great. I did service for her today by correcting her essay... my academic brain is mush.  I can't remember anything :)
 
We have several other Chinese investigators as well, and some great Chinese recent converts.  Since I arrived we have also been able to set a lot of appointments with non-Chinese people, so I'll be able to teach more soon, I hope.  Preston is lovely, and I love serving with Sister Shen.  She is so obedient and charitable.  She has every desire to be her best.
 
We went to Zone Leader Council on Friday, which was fun.  We tried to help Zone Leaders understand sisters. That didn't work, because sisters are so different from each other.  But it was fun, we have really good mission leadership right now, we are very blessed.
 
FYI  I want Sister Low to know this... they whitewashed the sisters out of Stafford and Whitefield!  I know, right?  I called Stafford, for sure, I thought Elders would be there before the end of my mission, but not this soon!  Goodness... I can't believe Elders are living in my flat.
 
I'm going to attach a picture to this email.  If Katie could make it my profile picture, that would be so lovely... thank you Katie.  When is your mission call coming?  I hope I don't look too gross in this picture.  It's me in front of the BBC.
 
Jaden and Jenika, you are great.  Keep going strong, and remember what is most important.
 
Life is great.  I'm going to talk to you live really soon!  (Remember only family allowed, no friends ;)).
 
The church is true!
 
Loves, Sister Hull
 
Beautiful here in Preston... I mean Preston!
 
And technically the Temple is in Chorley, not Preston, but we could still go on a bank holiday or something, anyone can in the mission can if they can get a lift and permission from President.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment