Dear Family,
I love you so much. Recently I have been fascinated with the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I want you to know that I know that Christ lives.
One of my favorite miracles has always been when the woman touched the robe of Christ. I don't know if you knew that, I don't think I have told many people. I love it because it was by her faith that she was healed, but my favorite part is when Christ turns around and asks who touched Him. She was already healed and he knew that, but He took the time to speak with her and to tell her that it was by her faith she was made whole. I love that- I've always loved that He took the time. But today I was reading about the context. Christ was in a rush. He wasn't just going to call by a friend, or home for tea. He was on the way to heal Jarius' daughter... she was on her deathbed! This was a very important thing He was going to do... but He still took the time. He still turned around and spoke to the woman. And guess what? Jarius' daughter died... she died while He was administering to the woman. They basically told Him, 'there isn't any point in coming anymore, she is dead.' And He was probably accused, and Jarius and his family was probably hurt... and it was all because our Saviour was taking the time. But- because he administered to the one, doesn't mean that He would leave another behind, never. He went and performed one of His greatest miracles at that point, showing that He could also break the chains of death. I love it.
Christ is the champion of the one. He took the time. He taught thousands, but His most important miracles where always done for the one. Even His great Atonement was performed for us each individually. We should each reach out and strengthen the one, and take the time. Then after they are strong, they can invite one, until all have been invited to come to the Lord. I love it.
Not a whole lot has happened since last Wednesday. We had a Sisters Meeting on Friday with all of the Sisters in the mission. It is so weird because our mission is young for Sisters. It is pretty appearent because there is only 1 companionship I think that isn't either training or follow up training. Crazy. We had a nice time at the meeting... one of the Elders that was going home with the last group, his mom is a singer/songwriter of Mormon stuff so she came and played us some songs and spoke to us. It was nice. I'm not sure who she is, I didn't really recognize any of her songs because I didn't follow Mor-Motown before my mission (haha, I just made that up...), but it was nice. Her surname would be Hanks, because it was Elder Hanks mother.
Speaking of pop culture. Since I've come on my mission I've realized it isn't that important or great. I'm not saying I'm not going to follow it when I get home, because I'm sure I will still will, but I know that I am going to be a lot more picky about what I put into my brain- and speaking of brains, I don't think I'm going to watch 'Heroes' anymore. I can't believe I was watching that. It is so violent and not very moral either to be honest. I've realized that Satan uses media to lull us into a fall sense of security. Even if the media isn't super bad it dulls us and we aren't able to be as spiritually inclined.
'The Lord can't bless us with miracles if we are vegging on the couch watching The Office.' - Sister Hull. I have that hanging up on my wall (along with a lot more profound quotes) to remind me that my mission is a hard thing, but I would MUCH rather prefer it because I am able to see miracles in my life everyday... and I didn't when I was watching tv all the time.
I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR MY MISSION! I wish I could say it million times! It has blessed my life so much, not only because it has taught me so much, but it has called to my attention what you have been teaching me my whole life.
I love you. I'm grateful for you. I'm grateful I was born on a Thursday night in March of 1990 to goodly parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. And I'm grateful that along the way the Lord has blessed me with siblings, cousins and friends to build me up and bless my life. Life is for joy. God is love. I love Him more than words can express.
Loves,
Sister Hull
No comments:
Post a Comment