Monday, April 2, 2012

General Conference

Okay, so I have to start with this.  A lot of times your emails make me cry.  Today I started tearing up, and I look over, and through my blurry vision, I see Elder Ashcraft.  All the sudden Elder Sutton pops around the corner of a computer and waves, big smile on his face.  I am so confused because they generally go to a different library, plus my eyes were full of tears and so I was trying to focus without showing them that I was crying... so that was cool.  Yup.
 
Anyway- Hello Everyone! 
 
I love you all so much, and I'm so grateful for each of you, especially for my mom, dad, Jordan, Jenika, and Jaden.  You are so important to me, and I want to say it on public domain so the whole world (if they search hard enough) can read it :)  You are great.
 
My birthday was fantastic.  The Isle of Mann sisters were staying with us so they could go to their Zone Conference, so it was fun to have more than just us there in the morning and night.  Martin passed his interview for baptism, and I don't think anyone could ask for more than that on their birthday.  And investigator being baptised, what a great birthday present :)  Plus, I had told Mama Helen that I wanted to come to hers for tea that night (because it was my birthday) and so she threw a little party for me with Sister DoCour and Heather.  It was great, I love them so much.  They have seriously taken such good care of me since I go to Swinton... I love it.  Mama Helen gave me a little necklace that said, 'We are Daughters of our Heavenly Father', Sister DoCour a handbag with the Union Jack on it, and Heather gave me brightly coloured clothes.  It was lovely.  I also receive lovely things from you, Donna and Kallen, which I'm so grateful for.  I'm so blessed to be born into the family I was born into.  Wow. 
 
I do have to ask... who wished me a Happy Birthday on facebook from over here?  I'm just really curious who has added me and things :)  I generally don't care, but you mentioned it!
 
General Conference was amazing... it went by so fast!  I swear they cut each session down to a half an hour this year!  What really surprised me about conference is what they were teaching.  They taught the Restoration, the Plan of Salvation and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Those are the lessons that we teach!  The prophets and apostles testify of the same things that I do!  It made me realize how big my calling is, because I will probably be the first one to tell people about these things.  Wow.  I couldn't believe it.
 
I was very grateful for President Utchdorf and President Eyring's talks.  I love President Eyring because dad loves him, and I love President Utchdorf because he is German :)  But it was their talks that I really felt like I needed this time, although any talk that talked about missionaries make me cry.  Oh!  I also loved Elder Oaks.  He is one of my favourites, but I haven't heard him talk forever what with the Priesthood sessions, working at Lee's and the time difference.  Sacrifice is so sacred to me.  It is so important.  The mission is the first time I have looked for more things I can sacrifice.  I love it.
 
I also saw David Archuleta :)  Sister DoCour told me he was singing, and I said, 'they are going to show him in the last shot at the very end.'  Called it.  He is a visa waiter, appearently.  I think he is coming here... not :)  He wouldn't be in the MTC already with our transfers and things.
 
I'm going to Leadership Training tomorrow and giving a training... woo-hoo.  There is a lot of confusion because most of the sisters who don't know they are supposed to be going, because we forget that trainers are leaders.  When Elder Smart called me to do a five minute training I was thinking, 'You want me to go an hour and a half to Wythenshaw for a five minute training?'  Then I found out I'm supposed to be there for the whole thing.  That will be fun.  I'm excited to train my Zone Leaders and things :)  I'll probably mess up so the Lord can teach me humility.
 
We went and visited a less active recent convert at the hospital.  She had a tumour removed from her brain.  I heard the nurses say something like they were surprised about all the visitors she was receiving or something... then another said,' Well, it's the Mormons.'  Yup- that's us.
 
I know that the gospel is real.  I'm so thankful for it.  Bless.
 
Loves, Sister Hull
 

 Sister Shen and myself.  We have gone on exchange before and have been really close since then.  She is an amazing missionary

A pub in my area.  I couldn't believe it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment