Hey Family :)
I'm going to be in the field tomorrow! It is so scary, I can't believe it. I'm sure it will be good, but I'm getting very nervous about it all. I just need to go out and love the people, I guess. I recieved several letters today from you, Marvin and grandma RaMona so those were good boosters :)
Jordan will be an *amazing* missionary wherever he goes. The mantle really falls on these boys when they become Elders... and I'm still in the MTC! They really will do amazing things, and Jordan is already so strong that I have so much faith in him. The people will love love love Jordan, I totally know it. But not as much as I love him. And Kaia's mission call!? That is totally crazy! I would have never guessed Russia, but it totally fits her when I think about it :) She'll be fantastic. Now I just need to wait and hear Jordan's, and eventually Josie and Jenny's. That's all I can think of right now. I love my teachers so much (platonic love, of course), they have been amazing at helping me learn the gospel.
I got a picture of Andrea with David Tennant! Very nice :) I kind of can't believe she met him.
I'm glad you could see some more of the pictures! I haven't seen any of them yet, except one where Sister Jack and I are talking to an Irish lady, the choir one, and one of the group in front of the MTC.
Proselyting at Picadilly was so scary! The first person I talked to on the train was a Liverpool fan (not that uncommon), but I was able to use the knowledge Chelsey told me before I left. He told me I would go far. The first lady we talked to at the park saw Jesus in her living room in 1972. So that was pretty cool. You know.
We did meet 2 amazing people. One's name was Billy and he had just moved from Melbourne. He was here for work, and he was really interested and kept asking us questions. He asked us, "aren't all the churches the same, you know, I'd be good if I was a Jew or Muslim, or Catholic." I told him that we had the fullness of the truth, and he seemed really receptive. It was awesome. I thought the teachers had planted him there, because he was seriously asking all the right questions.
As we were headed to the train a big black guy stopped us. His name was Jason. He said, "are you going to preach to me?" I said, "we'll preach to you if you want us to!!!!" He said, "Tell me about Jesus!" So we did. He had absolutely no idea about Christ, and so we were more than happy to tell him everything :) It was awesome. When we were leaving he said, "I just felt like I should talk to you." It was really cool.
Sister Jack and I had the goal to pass out 5 BofM in the 3 hours we were there.... and we passed out exactly 5. Our district got 9 referrals, five of which were from me and S. Jack. Our whole zone only got like 14... so out of 24 missionaries we did pretty well :) I can't boast in my own strength, every referral is a blessing from God. We just have to be brave enough to recieve the blessing, you know?
It has been weird winding everything down in the MTC. I can't believe it is almost over, it has been the fastest and slowest 2 weeks of my entire life. And you know what? I love these people! I've only known these peeps for 19 days, but I LOVE them! I can't believe it. I never thought such a thing was possible, but I'm going to miss these people. And it is weird because I'm not sure if I will ever see them again. Which is really hard. I knew that when I left home that all my family and friends would be waiting for me when I got home, but I don't know that anymore. And its going to be like that on my whole mission. Which really bites. But I know I can see everyone I love again, and that is awesome.
I really miss you all. I remember I read a quote from Calvin and Hobbs before I left. It was something like, "I think we dream so we don't have to wait so long to play together." I pray every night that I can be with all of you in my dreams. Because then I can be here during the day :)
I love all of you so much! You are amazing!
"I'm going to be the most terrific missionary this church has every known." Sister Walker says that was really all I was supposed to say. This was supposed to be short. haha.
Sista Jasmine Hull
PS Write me letters! I know you are reading this, people! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment