I love you all so much. Seriously, I have to just tell you.
Sorry for my bit of moaning last week. Missions are hard business, I can't deny it, but I have no doubt that I'm supposed to be in the EMM and I'm supposed to be under the direction of President Preston, and that I'm supposed to be trained by Sister Low. Seriously.
We've been doing quite a bit of finding recently. Stafford recently had 2 convert baptisms, so now we need to find more people that want to be taught the gospel! And I'm trying really hard to do my best so the Lord can lead me to the people that want to hear more. Because a lot of English people don't want to hear more :P They are very stubburn (sp?) and don't want to listen. But that means when they actually do listen it is very awesome.
Rewind. I'm glad Jaden got back to school figured out... What instrument will he be playing? Congrats to Jenika on making JV!!!! WooHoo! Rock it girl! I hope Jordan's finger is doing better, I'm really sorry to hear about that. So much for none of the Hulls ever breaking bones. ALSO MISSION CALL!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! I seriously can't wait, and I'm totally still going with Cambodia. Yes, I have recieved 2 of Katie's letters, but never the first one. I think it might have got misplaced at the office, so I would suggest unless you send a package to sent it right to me on New Garden Street... then I'll get it a lot sooner as well :) I also got a package from Chelsey yesterday, and am currently wearing a headband from Ghana. So that is good.
Anyway, Stafford is much better than expected. It is a very small branch, can't be more than 50 people, but the members are amazing. They take good care of us. They'll run us places, go with us to appointments, and Brother Hill brings us fresh made rolls every Monday :) We had a dinner appointment at the Mansfield's last week. They are also finishing their bathroom! I felt so at home, like I was at Katie's house, haha. Also, they have a son named Brendan who is on a mission. Coincidences. Wow.
Our one real progressing investigator's name is Lee. He got out of prison 3 months ago (we can't ask why...), but we always take someone with us, so of course we are safe. He really desires to change and to improve himself, which is so great. We haven't taught him about fasting yet, but he heard about it in church, so he said he would do it next week! He also said if he gets hungry he'll just play a really gory video game to get his mind off of it... Baby steps :) The problem is that you can't be baptized until you get off of parole... so he can't be baptized until 2017. So we are not sure how long to consider him an investigator :)
The other day Sister Low and I both felt like we should track Wildwood, just an area east of Stafford. Because of bank holiday we had to come back early. No one in Wildwood listened to us! We were wondering why we felt like we should go there. We started tracking a street just down from ours, and no one was listening to us (well, except Mr. Ricky, the man with the 'funny' name... but he had so much 'paperwork' haha.) There was a man walking down the street just across where we were tracking. Sister Low asked me if I wanted to go talk to him, so I ran over while she was finishing up.
His name was Dave and he is agnostic. It was weird, because recently I've been thinking a bit about my agnostic friend back home (I use friend loosely... some boy I know and dated one of my friends in high school...) and his reasonings of why he agnostic. I asked Dave... 'why do you choose to be agnostic'. He told me it was science mainly, he just didn't know for sure. I had my finger in Alma from a conversation we had had with another lady (that conversation went like this.... 'What do you think your purpose is in life?'... 'Booze and [cigerettes].) and I opened up to it. I read to him that even if he had a desire to know, he could learn about God's purpose and what God is actually like. Then I was really bold and said 'Dave- I know you have the desire to know. That is why you are agnostic, and since you have that desire you can know.' Wow. Brave little me. I was actually freaking out, at one time during the conversation he was like, 'you're nervous, aren't you.' I said, 'yeah, but I know that you are a nice person, so it is okay.' Anyway, we set up an appointment with Dave, and I think he really does want to know. And although we have a lot of people say no to us, sometimes nicely, and sometimes not so nicely, it is conversations like that where I can get to know the person, really care about them, and share my simple testimony that makes things more great.
Sister Low is very great. We laugh so much. The other day I had my Dwight bookmark, and she looked over and was like, 'Is that Elder Worthlin?' 'No, it's Dwight.' And we started laughing out heads off. She is a great trainer, very patient and has taught me a ton of stuff, mostly by example. She also looks like Lindsay F. to me a little bit, so that makes her automatically awesome. I did tell her that we needed to buy some more food, as last week we only ate rice, toast and yogurt. But otherwise everything is good.
I've realized already that I know so much random stuff. The other day I started talking about Native American's with this lady, and about Deer Cliff Inn and the Anasazi cliff dwellings. Then I see Rowley street and start telling S. Low about Anne Jewel. I talked to a boy on the bus about Muse, and several men about football. I didn't realize I was such a wealth of knowledge! It's kind of fun :)
I don't really need anything, they have stores here in England ;) haha. Thanks for forwarding all the Elders emails. It makes me feel more sane that other people are also chasing down random people down the streets.
I realized that this week will be 18 months since Brendan left on his mission. Wow. I have less time than that until I come home. Half way. Its so weird, because it has probably been the longest 18 months of my life, with all the life decisions I had to make, but its weird that the present has come so soon. I really think a mission gives you a lot more perspective on time, whether it is going slow or fast (which really depends on the day... or moment.) Hmmm.
I posted some letters today to people I've recieved letters from... so tell them to watch for those.
I love you all so much. My family and my friends are the best people in the ENTIRE WORLD. Seriously. You are really the people who define me and make me who I am. I'm so thankful for that.
Let's Conspire to Ignite.... All the Souls that Would Die Just to Feel Alive.
Sister Jasmine Hull
PS Monday was Bank Holiday. I really can't figure out what it is for... but the Library was closed. Yesterday we had a Zone Conference. So that is why I'm emailing today :)
PPS JORDAN!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!!!!!????????
No comments:
Post a Comment