Monday, September 3, 2012

Welcome to Liverpool, Sister Hull


Van's baptism day!!


Jojo, Leah, Sister Hull, Evangeline and Van
 Dear Mom,

First off, I can't believe that Grandpa is clean shaven.  That is so crazy.  I would definitely like to see a picture of that, very much :) He is so great.  I'm so excited that both sides of our family get to be so involved in the Temple Open House.  That is such a blessing for us to have two Temples so close to us.  I'm trying to decide what Temple I'm going to go to first when I get home.  I think probably the Logan Temple, and then the Brigham City one.  But I might go to the Brigham one first.  We'll see.

That is exciting that you were able to find those pictures on Sam's facebook.  She is very good.  She had just got home that morning and was very tired but still came to Van's baptism, and then fed us and the Tue Brook Elders the next day after church.  She is amazing.

Katie sent me her address in a letter.  I wrote to the Mission Office in Texas... I wasn't sure if it would get the MTC in time.  So hopefully she gets it soon enough.  My letter writing has severely plummeted in the recent transfers.  Zach is still alive and working at ShopKo?  That's good.

I have loads of traveling I need to do after I finish my service.  I think I'm going to start in China.  I actually had a huge tender mercy yesterday after church.  I was feeling quite sad after church because so many of my friends are going to leave this week, and that hurts.  Then Van was like, 'have you spoken to Sister Gong?'  I was like, 'No...'  I thought it was weird, because she knows that I can't communicate with her.  Then she is like, 'She's on the phone right now!!!'  She had her on her mobile telling her about her baptism and confirmation.  And so I got to speak to her!  I started crying to be honest.  She was like, 'Sister Hull, I remember how to speak English!'  It was so funny.  I got to talk to her for like 15 or 20 minutes and update her about everything and it was great.  She has been called to be Stake YW President in her stake.  Sister Embley says that is probably for like half of China.  That's crazy.  Anyway, I had to ring President and tell him that I spoke to her because I didn't actually know if it was allowed.  He said if it was someone else it wouldn't be allowed, but since it was Sister Gong and they actually haven't heard from her since she got home and they were worried it was actually a tender mercy for him and Sister Preston as well.  It was great.

Anyway, Van's baptism went great.  She is so good, she is one of my best friends to be honest.  I tell her that, and she is just like, 'I know.'  She told me that I'm like her sister, but reminded me that I am younger.  It was quite funny, we weren't able to get the font completely filled, and I thought it would be fine because she was so short, but she actually had to get baptised kneeling down.  She was scared, so we ran around into the dressing room and she just did it.  She believes in God now, which is amazing, because 3 months ago when I came to the area I don't really think that she did.  She is a miracle.

I have had so many miracles since coming to Liverpool.  I can't believe how blessed I have been.  I was looking around at my recent converts yesterday at church and they are all do amazing things.  Van received the Holy Ghost.  Vincent was sustained for the Priesthood.  Leah went the the Temple last week to do baptisms.  Wini is showing her charity and service.  It is really amazing.  I'm not sure why the Lord chose me to serve these people, but I am so grateful.  I know that it isn't really anything I did, because there are loads of missionaries that are just as good as me or better, but I know the Lord blessed me with this opportunity so I could learn.  I'm so grateful.  I just wish all my friends weren't moving back to China.

Here is a funny story.  The other day Sister Embley and I were walking down the street at the university. I was like, 'Look, Sister Embley, it's Voldemort!!!'  This man seriously looked exactly like Voldemort. Then he came up to me and was asking me where some street was.  I didn't know where it was, so I was asking what they were looking for (in this area I know landmarks better) his girlfriend was like, 'We are looking for herione, do you know where the herione house is?!'  'Uh...no.'  Then they got upset and walked away.  Serious?  Voldemort came up to me and asked for herione?  As a good friend of mine would say, 'Welcome to Liverpool, Sister Hull...' (Mom and grandma... don't worry.  I'm safe here in Liverpool.  I
mostly spend time in Chinese students apartments and they are very good people.  Seriously, don't worry.)

Missions are so great.  They are seriously so great.

I love you all so much.  You are great. Bless.

Loves,

Sister Hull

No comments:

Post a Comment