Mom!
Oh I love the paper chain, and homesickness is to be expected this time of year. Luckily, Sister Maughan went through it all last year, so at least I have a companion that understands. I guess that will be me next year. Weird.
I can't believe Jordan's farewell talk is so soon. Seems like yesterday. I got a letter from Brendan last Monday and it sounded like he had just barely heard my farewell talk, so it probably was just yesterday. When you give that talk you just look around at all the people that really love you, and you can't help but cry. At least I couldn't. I saw you and the family sitting in the middle, friends to the side, coworkers in the very front, and random spurts of people whom I absolutely love intermixed with our supportive ward. It was amazing. I can't help but feel blessed that I am so loved... there are a lot of people who aren't, and it is heartbreaking. That is why we need to learn to love the Saviour most, so we can show them how to, because He is the only one that will never be far away from us. Jordan, your talk will be great. No fear. Rock it in Bolivia.
I'm sure dropping him off at the MTC will be fine. Countless mothers have done it before you ;) They have all seemed to survive...barely. :D The airport was nice, and I met Elder McCoy, my district leader, there. That was fun. And Sister Hadley, who is in my mission and now serving with Sister Low. Yeah, the airport was good.
We do get to go to the Mission Home. Newcastle Zone goes on December 22, so that will be fun. That is when they will dispurse the packages... and we'll have something under our tree! We have a tree! Claire lent it to us :) Also, for district meeting tomorrow we are dressing in Christmas colours for our district photo :) Fun fun.
Josh is home. I can't believe it. I have to admit on Tuesday I got a letter about him coming home from Andrea, and I started bawling that night. Not quite bawling, but I was really sad. I just wanted to give him a big hug and say, 'Welcome Home Joshie!' But I hope he is safe and well, and I expect I'll hear reports soon.
When does Kaia report? If you can you should send me her address :) I'd like that. I also can't believe James is going to India! It totally fits him, though. Wow. everyone is growing up.
We were unable to teach the family again. They dropped us. President was encouraging, though, and said that they are now in our area book, and someone will find them. They have started their journey. Sister Maughan reminded me that the father, Daniel, prayed for the first time in *years* and if we opened that line of communication for them that is good. We'll see... in heaven.
I didn't know Jenika had a solo in White Christmas. It's not in the movie, and I guess I don't remember the play very well. That is really good. I haven't heard her sing much, but it sounds like she is good :) I'm glad Sydney Yorgason tried out for Oz with Jaden, I told her mom about it ages ago before I left. Also Maddie, so that will be super fun :)
Jordan is almost 19! Holy Cow! I can't believe it, we were just little running around the couch in the old house... like yesterday. Jordan can make me laugh more than nearly anyone else, and I'm going to miss that. But he'll be doing great things, and I will speak to him on Christmas and then again on Mothers Day 2013 :) And via email. That will be super fun.
Buyback! Oh my goodness, I miss finals week! I thought finals were so hard! They've got nothing on a mission, although I do think I stressed more about them than the mission. I wish I could take a final on Health Care in Great Britain. I'd win. Story for another time.
I have *not* surpassed you. Don't you ever say that again.
I did recieve my ointment and my arm is healing quite nicely. It looks much better. It was really bad, but I took a picture of it so you can see is someday. And I *love* the tights... oh my goodness, do I love those tights. They are so warm :) Love em.
Our investigator, Chris, came to church! After some incidents and having to cancell his lesson, he thought we had dropped him. He said he would 100% be at church and that he wanted to get baptised! What? His baptism will probably have to be sometime in January as he is going home for Christmas next week, but he seems pretty excited and serious about it. He is the one that has been reading Sister Davis' blog, so that is really neat. We'll see what happens :) ... [Makes me nervous about my blog... it is like a living testimony that anyone can access...!]
I was thinking about the scripture, 'After all that we can do...' A lot of times we stress ourselves out, trying to do absolutely everything before we let the Saviour in... we are like, 'Nope, I have to do everything I can do before I let you help me!' But that is not how it works. Relying on the atonement is *ALL* that we can do. There is no other way to salvation or exaltation without Jesus Christ and His atonement. None. So all that we can do is rely on Him. And we might as well rely on Him for everything, because he makes it so much simpler. I know that is true. I love Him.
Have a wonderful week. Everything will go great, and soon you'll have two missionaries! Jordan will be a brilliant missionary, he is already so prepared. I remember Jake telling me, 'It's a steep learning curve... but you can do it.' I'm just so glad he was honest with me. It is hard, but the Saviour compensates... if you let Him. You are all amazing. Share the gospel. Love you tons (or loads).
Loves,
Sister Jasmine Hull
PS Paper Chain Shout Out! (Imagine me Shouting your name, mkay?)
Chelsey! (PS, I know what your wish was in Venice... ;)).
Karli!
Reggie Nyman!
Fyre!
Kali!
The Gatherum Family!
Jenny Bragg! (PS When do you turn your papers in?)
Holland!
Grandma Hull!
Jentry!
Kenden!
Hunter!
The Gardners!
Grandma Carol!
There are exclaimations because I was shouting... not really, but you know what I mean :)
No comments:
Post a Comment