Dear Mom,
Thanks for your email. Sounds like you've had a lot of fun ;)
Yes, it is really exciting to have Sister Maughan as my companion. We decided that we were suppose to be friends, and since we didn't become friends in high school God made sure that we would somehow. She is a great missionary, and I have a lot to learn from her. I'm positive that we will see miracles. It will be really great to have my first two companions live so close to me when I get home... easier to keep in contact :)
Sports day was fine. We did yoga for half of the day, and for the other half I just sat around and talked to the other sisters. It was a good stress relief.
I'll send of picture of my hair thinning. It turned out quite well.
Before I forget, there is an Elder here named Elder White that Chris trained while he was here. He doesn't have Chris' post address, so I told him I would ask you. Could you find that out? That would be great.
Spencer did have to move on. It was sooooo sad, I love him so much. He was so prepared. I told President Preston all about him in my weekly email to him, and he was impressed as well. He rang me last night and said that he was going to contact the President from the London South mission and tell him to watch for Spencer. He forwarded the email he sent to the other president to me today, and it included some excerpts of my email... and he asked him to keep us updated. So hopefully I'll be able to find out if he has been taught, and *when* he gets baptised. President Preston is amazing. I love that man, he is an inspiration.
I haven't got the package yet, but I probably will next week. It will be very nice to have it, my arms are quite irritated with eczema. Its the breaks I suppose. Kevin's package had gummy candy, pudding and EASY MAC. Which was amazing. I also got a package from Chelsey this week with things she had got from Europe, so that was nice. Spoiled missionary am I.
James is doing well, really starting to understand and things. He may have a potential problem with his family, because he feels like he needs to ask them first. I don't think they should have too much of an opinion because his dad is an atheist and his mom is a Roman Catholic converted to Judaism... but we'll see. I think there might be other family things going on, which is hard, but I guess we can't pry. Actually I have no idea if we are allowed to pry or not. He didn't come to church yesterday because he overslept, but we'll make sure it happens :) He wants to be baptised, but is afraid of being without his family in the Celestial Kingdom.
We also taught a woman named Precious from Nigeria. I think that she has real potential and can really progress. We can't set a baptismal date with her yet, though, because she is going back for the holidays. So hopefully we can start teaching her and finish when she gets home. She has adorable children, by the way. Phoebe and Jason. I love African children.
We don't have anything planned for Thanksgiving... but that is pretty much expected. We do have plans, however, for Boxing Day. I asked Brother Hill what it was, and he said that it use to be that Christmas was only to be celebrated religiously at a church and things. So then the next day they would give each other presents or boxes. So that is pretty cool.
Did I tell you that Sister Low and I went to a castle? I can't remember what I told you last week really, because everything was so busy. But there is a castle in Stafford and we were finally able to go to it last week. It was so great. And tiny. But its still a castle! HOGWARTS IS IN MY MISSION!!!!!
Hmmm.... Just emailed a couple of days ago. We taught Relief Society yesterday. Even less response than the student ward. Tough crowd... tough crowd.
The woman sitting next to me is watching this like Indian movie on youtube or something, and is blasting Bollywood music. Only in the UK.
The Sri Lankans seemed to accept baptism yesterday. It might be hard helping them progress with their coursework and jobs, they are very busy. But we'll try. They know who Joseph Smith is and believe that he saw God and Jesus Christ. So that is a definite start.
Ahh... I just keep thinking about President emailing about Spencer. I'm going to be anxiously awaiting some news, that is for sure :)
Loves,
Sister Hull
No comments:
Post a Comment